Can’t go wrong with this classic hot cocktail to help keep you warm and comforted as you cuddle up with a good book.
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt 3/4 cup spiced rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 sticks cinnamon, for garnish
Bring water, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, honey, nutmeg, cloves, and salt to a boil in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart saucepan over moderately high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Garnish with the cinnamon sticks and serve hot.