This “boozy-citrus-sweet combination is perfection,” according to Cuisine & Cocktails, taking advantage of delicious honeycrisp apples for the tragically short window they’re in season.
- 1 ounce honeycrisp-cinnamon syrup (2 diced honeycrisp apples, ½ cup water, ½ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh orange juice
- 2-3 splashes orange bitters
- Ground cinnamon, apple slices for garnish
Add apples and water to a small saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat. Stir until apples are tender. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Push through a mesh sieve to yield about ½-cup liquid. Return to saucepan and add ½ sugar and cinnamon. Stir over medium heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to fully cool. In a rocks glass, add a whiskey ball (or ice). Add bourbon/whiskey, lemon/orange juice, bitters and honeycrisp-cinnamon syrup. Stir. Garnish with cinnamon and apple slices, and serve.